Polyester Ducts with Punched Orifices - Cleaning InstructionsCleaning Instructions for Polyester Ducts with Punched Orifice Air Distribution (Click for complete details...)
Washing and Maintenance Instructions for Q-Sox Coated Polyester Ducts with Punched Orifices
In order to ensure long term and optimum distribution of air, it is necessary to keep the Q-Sox® fabric ducts free from dirt and dust. Effective maintenance will ensure that the ducts supply the required quantity of air and also an optimum service life.
Cleaning the Outside Duct Surface
Over time, dust will accumulate on the exterior surface of the coated polyester fabric. If the room ambient air has not experienced greasy contaminants, this brown/grey dust can be easily removed by vacuuming with the aid of a medium stiff bristle (non-metallic) brush. The air supply system must be “OFF” and both sides of the drooping duct can be easily vacuumed while the duct is suspended.
Should vacuuming and brushing not be effective to remove exterior dirt, the ducts must be unzipped in sections and removed from the rail or cable suspension system.
There are two methods depending on convenience or the equipment available:
- Spray clean with a hose & nozzle using a bristle brush and mild detergent, or
- Using a commercial size washing machine.
- Before spraying or laundering, first turn each duct section INSIDE OUT. Spray the linear mesh vents to insure debris is removed and not clogging the mesh. This is not necessary with ducts having punched orifices larger than 1/2 inch diameter,
Then turn the duct right side out and proceed:
- Pre-rinse: 104°F for 10 minutes
- Wash: 104°F for 20 minutes; Use Mild detergent, no bleach
- Rinse thoroughly after washing.
- Do NOT add any softener, as this will influence the surface characteristics of the Q-Sox duct.
- Wash, spin-dry, OR drip dry and immediately install the Q-sox fabric ducts.
- Otherwise, the Q-Sox fabric ducts may be tumbled dry with a MAXIMUM hot air temperature of 110°F.
- OBSERVE TO REINSTALL THE DUCTS IN THE CORRECT SEQUENTIAL ORDER.
CLICK HERE to download a PDF of Cleaning Instructions for Polyester Ducts with Punched Orifices (English).
PowerThrust Cleaning InstructionsCleaning Instructions for 300D Polyester or 1500D Polyethylene Fabric Air Diffusers (Click for complete details...)
Washing and cleaning of PowerThrust® fabric air diffusers should be carried out in accordance with the following instructions.
- Hand or power wash with clean water @ max. 140` F. Diffusers made of polyester may be machined washed.
- If the diffusers are heavily soiled, use mild laundry detergent in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- After washing, rinse with clean cold water.
- Do not dry in dryer, hang dry.
Because PowerThrust® diffusers are laundered so infrequently, extremely soiled diffusers will require laundering more than once. We suggest contacting a local industrial laundering service equipped with industrial laundering equipment to more thoroughly clean the diffusers.
CLICK HERE to download a PDF of Cleaning Instructions for 300D Polyester or 1500D Polyethylene Fabric Air Diffusers (English).